Pork Chop Casserole2002-06-13
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 8 servings
- Servings : 8 servings
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 1:30 h
- Ready In : 2:5 h
- Add to Recipe Box
- 8 to 10 pork chops
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of onion soup
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup gravy from brown chops
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- Black pepper or cayenne to taste
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup green onions (optional)
- 3 to 5 tbsp cooking oil
- Onion powder and garlic powder to taste (optional)
Wash, dry and season pork chops. I like to use onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and a little cayenne to season the pork chops. Remember that the soup will add a substantial amount of salt to this dish.
In a heavy medium saucepan add the oil and brown the pork chops. After browning, add water to make a gravy. Set aside.
Wash rice and put into a baking roaster. Add the soup and water then stir.
Place the pork chops on top of the rice mixture and then pour the gravy on top. Cover roaster with lid or foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees.