Pina Colada Dessert Squares2009-02-01
- Course: Desserts
- Yield : 12
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 22m
- Ready In : 42m
- Add to Recipe Box
These squares were the biggest hit at a baby shower that I recently attended.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pint whipping cream (1 cup)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant coconut cream pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple in unsweetened juice, undrained
- 2 tbsp rum or rum flavoring
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; mix well. With pastry blender or fork, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in coconut and almonds. Sprinkle evenly in ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 18 – 22 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Reserve ½ cup crumbs for topping. With fork, press remaining crumbs evenly in bottom of pan. Cool 20 minutes or until completely cooled.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in whipping cream. Add milk and pudding mix; beat at high speed for about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pineapple and rum. Pour over cooled crust; spread evenly. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover; refrigerate at least 6 hours or until serving time. Cut into squares.