Oven Crawfish Rice Dressing Casserole2002-05-29
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 8 12 servings
- Servings : 8 12 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:30 h
- Add to Recipe Box
This is one of the best oven recipes for rice dressing. It’s a foolproof dish with Cajun flavor.
- 1 lb to 1 1/2 lb ground beef (chuck preferred)
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup - undiluted
- 1 (101/2 oz) can French onion soup
- 1 (6 oz) can mushroom steak sauce
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) jar pimento, drained
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1 lb crawfish or shrimp
- 2 tbsp oil
- Cajun seasonings or Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 1 pound Jimmy Dean pork sausage
In large skillet add oil. Cook the ground beef nd pork with vegetables until meat is brown. Drain excess oil. Add crawfish or shrimp to the skillet.
In a large casserole dish, combine the rest of the ingredients, along with the cooked meat and vegetables. Add Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder and salt and pepper to taste; remember the soup already has a substantial amount of salt.
Cover and cook in oven for one hour at 350 degrees, check if rice is done, if not recover and cook 10 more minutes.
Maw-Maw favorite combination is to use two pounds chuck, one pound Jimmy Dean pork sausage, one pound shrimp or crawfish and one cup chopped onion. Add garlic powder and onion powder in addtion to the Cajun seasoning Follow the recipe for the rest of the ingredients.