Hitachi Shrimp Jambalaya2005-12-11
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 6 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
- Add to Recipe Box
This is a very easy to make shrimp Jambalaya.
Great for a Lenten meal – substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth.
One to two links of sliced smoked sausage may be added.
Cajuns called their rice cookers Hitachi back in the day when everyone had that brand; in making this recipe any rice cooker should do.
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 stick butter (8 oz)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 can chicken or beef broth ( 6 to 8 ounces)
- 2 cups rice, raw
- 4 oz mushrooms, drained and sliced
- red pepper and salt to taste
- One to two links of sliced smoked sausage may be added.
Add all ingredients to Hitachi rice cooker and stir to mix. Any rice cooker will work.
Turn rice cooker on and cook covered. Stir once when mixture begins boiling.
Meal is done when rice cooker bell goes off.