Giff’s Taco Soup2008-10-30
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 25 - 1 cup servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
- Add to Recipe Box
I usually cook this on Sundays before a Saints game. It’s a crowd favorite — the ladies love it!
A visitor posted that this soup freezes really well!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 15 oz cans kernel corn (undrained)
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans (undrained)
- 2 15 oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 can extra hot Rotel Style Tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 package Hidden Valley Original Buttermilk
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 15 oz cans Golden Hominy (optional)
- cheese for garnishment
Brown meat, onions and bell pepper. Drain.
Pour all ingredients into large pot and heat over medium to low heat on stove top for one hour, Serve with chips or crackers. Water maybe added if the consistency is too thick.
Editor Notes - the soup works well with most pea sized beans. Pintos and Kidneys are so close, either one or both works. When I make the soup, any beans I have available I will use. Some cooks will use 2 cans each of ranch style beans, black beans, corn, and hominy. The constants for my soup that I cook always include are the corn and hominy and either the Pintos or Kidneys beans. I have also made it using black eyes peas and the black beans.