- Course: Nouveau Cajun
- Yield : 10
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 60m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 2:0 h
- Add to Recipe Box
This enchilada casserole is great for a side dish or main dish.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 package Corn Tortillas Chips
- 2 (10 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 oz) jars enchilada sauce
- 8 - 10 slices of Cheddar slices, mozzarella, or shredded cheese or your choice
- 1 large onion
- 1 (15 oz) can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- Cajun seasonings to taste or (salt, black pepper, cayenne, spices)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Season the ground beef well with Cajun seasonings. In a medium saucepan, brown the ground meat. Add the celery, peppers, onions and mushrooms and sauté until soft.
Add the soup, enchilada sauce and Rotel Tomatoes (if you cannot find the Rotel brand use a small can (10 oz) of diced tomatoes and a small can (2 oz) of diced green chili peppers, mild or hot).
Cook on top of stove over medium heat for 30-45 minutes. Do not forget to stir.
In a sheet cake pan, layer the corn tortilla chips, add sauce, then cheese slices or shredded cheese. Continue the layering process and add lots of cheese on top.
Bake the casserole until cheese is melted approximately, 20-25 minutes.
This recipe can be frozen and served at a later date but do not add cheese, add after removing from the freezer, prior to inserting to the oven.