- Course: Appetizers
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
- Add to Recipe Box
Great on crackers or a sandwich.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lb crabmeat (claw or lump or mixed)
- 2 boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 dashes of Tabasco
In a medium skillet, melt the butter and sauté the onions, bell pepper, and celery until the onion is translucent. Turn off the heat and add the crabmeat, crackers, parsley, cream and mayonnaise; mix together gently. Then add salt, pepper and hot sauce.
Pour into an 8x8 casserole dish, crab shells or individual ramekins. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until the tops are brown. Best if served immediately.