Debby’s Delicious Apple Pear Pie2006-12-16
- Yield : 8
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 2:0 h
- Ready In : 2:30 h
- Add to Recipe Box
This recipe has it roots from Duhon’s Bakery in Kaplan. The perfect holiday pie to serve to your co-workers like Debby did!
- 1 deep dish pie crust homemade or store bought
- 3 large apples, sliced in small and thin rectangles
- 3 large pears, sliced rectangular
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground clove (more or less)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger (more or less)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- aluminum foil
Prepare the pie crust and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger.
Combine with the sliced apples and pears.
To prevent a soggy crust; brush enough of the lightly beaten egg white to coat the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
Cover the entire pie with aluminum foil.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, then reduce heat to 250 degrees and bake 1 additional hour.
The aluminum foil is not removed until the pie comes out of the oven. The pie crust will have the most perfect brown color.