Crawfish, Beef, Sausage Casserole2014-10-22
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 12 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
- Add to Recipe Box
This recipe shows the versatility of three popular Cajun favorites. Fresh pork sausage or smoked sausage maybe used and crawfish or shrimp may be used,
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork sausage, or 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean sausage or 1 pound smoked sausage
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper finely chopped
- 3 ribs celery finely chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 1 pound chopped fresh or thawed frozen broccoli
- 2 pounds crawfish tails
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 2 1/2 cups raw rice - cooked
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
Prepare rice. Brown beef and sausage in a large skillet; remove meat and drain excess oil.
Sauté onion, bell pepper and celery in butter until transparent.
Add broccoli and cook on medium heat for five minutes.
Add crawfish tails, browned beef and sausage and soups. Mix well and add cooked rice.
Place in two inch deep 9 x 13" baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 45 minutes until bubbly.
This dish freezes well however wait to add the rice once the dish is taken out of the freezer and it is completely thawed