Chicken, Sausage & Dried Shrimp Jambalaya2002-05-12
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 4 servings
- Servings : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
- Add to Recipe Box
Quick and easy way to make a one-pot meal. Add a green salad and garlic bread for a complete dinner.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 chicken breast, in chunks
- 1 package smoked sausage, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 handful dried shrimp, soak in water
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 cups cooked rice (day old is better)
- 1 handful parsley
Sauté onions and bell pepper in chicken broth over medium heat, 15 to 20 minutes.
When the liquid is reduced to half, add the tomato sauce, Rotel tomatoes, chicken breast and sausage; cook for 15 minutes stirring every so often to prevent sticking.
Add water accordingly and continue to cook for a while longer, about 5 minutes. Add the dried shrimp, rice and parsley and heat until rice is warmed.