Cheesy Black Eyed Pea Dip2017-01-26
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 55m
- Add to Recipe Box
Great Dip for Super Bowl or Mardi Gras Parties – Or any fun time get together.
Joanna adapted this recipe from the Junior League of Birmingham, AL cookbook
- 1 (15oz) can black-eyes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 4 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper (no seeds)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoon) butter softened
- 2 (3oz) cans deviled ham
- 4 to 6 ounces grated mozzarella cheese for topping
- tortilla chips, Frito dipping chips, or pita chips
Heat peas for two minutes then drain liquid.
Lightly mash the black eyes. Stir in the salt, garlic powder, onion, jalapeno pepper. jalapeno juice, Cheddar cheese and butter.
Pour into a 9-inch round baking dish or a 5x7 rectangular baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes; for a crispy edge bake 30 minutes.
Serve warm with pita, tortilla or Frito chips. Tabasco Sauce compliments this dip.