Beef Eggplant Hash2005-10-11
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 8 - 10
- Servings : 8 - 10
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 1:45 h
- Ready In : 2:15 h
- Add to Recipe Box
Eggplants. Cajuns just say – brahams! Question – do you use a potato peeler or a paring knife to peel your eggplants?
- 1 1/2 pounds tender-cut diced beef
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant, diced into cubes
- 1 1/2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
After meat is diced, season with salt and pepper. Place meat and all chopped vegetables in a 9.5x14-inch oblong dish.
Pour can of tomatoes and enough water (mix sugar in water) to be level with ingredients. Stir to evenly spread around ingredients.
Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 1 hour 45 minutes. If necessary, add water to desired thickness.
Stir several times during baking to prevent drying out. Serve over rice.